Ever wonder what all those hand, head, and body movements mean in rap videos? Hieroglyphics want everyone to have a good time at their Brooklyn Bowl show on August 21st, so they’ve have decided to impart upon us the secrets meaning behind some of the movements rappers’ make on stage.
1. This should go without saying, but those of you not scrubbing your hands after a trip to the loo–you nasty.
2. The only way to win in the rap game is staying focused on what you want.
3. Sometimes things don’t work out. A Bachelors in engineering won’t fix your blown ACL, but you won’t be bagging groceries.
4. Don’t be that person, superstar. Real winners owe their success to someone–even if it’s just your mom
5. The grind is a lot easier when you can work with people–ever see a fat lone wolf?
6. For real, texting and driving is dangerous. Do you really want your last words on Earth to be, “She said what?”
7. Shaggy is a great musician, not a life coach. Do not try this at home–recognize this gesture.
So… this last one is on you. But if you can figure out what it means, comment on Brooklyn Bowl’s Facebook or Twitter posts linking to this article with the hashtag #HIERObkbwl. The best answer received before Wednesday, August 20 will win two free tickets to their show.
Feat: Del The Funky Homosapien, Souls of Mischief (Aplus, Opio, Phesto, Tajai), Casual, Pep Love, and Domino
THU, AUGUST 21, 2014
DOORS: 6:00 PM / SHOW: 8:00 PM
THIS EVENT IS 21 AND OVER