Happy birthday, Eric Krasno. Today we celebrate the cherished Brooklyn Bowl family member and absolute badass guitar player with 21 of our favorite Kraz memories at Brooklyn Bowl over the years. Cheers, Eric.
1. Eric dueling with Greensky Bluegrass dobro maestro Anders Beck on the Allman Brothers Band’s “Midnight Rider”
2. Joining Robert Randolph & the Family Band on Michael Jackson’s “The Way You Make Me Feel”
3. Krasno and Questlove sitting in with Galactic on “Hamp’s Hump” in 2011
4. Members of Lettuce and Snarky — or what some would call Snarky Lettuce — coming together for Funk ’n’ Bowl
5. In sync with guitar master Derek Trucks on “One in Seven” at Bowlive IV in 2013
6. Invoking “Lettsanity” with Lettuce in 2012
8. With yet another original Grateful Dead member, Phil Lesh, and the Terrapin Family Band for “Sugar Magnolia” in 2013
9. As part of the Freaks Ball-Stars, featuring Warren Haynes, Marco Benevento, Joe Russo, and Eddie Roberts, performing the Grateful Dead’s “Fire on the Mountain”
10. Sandwiched between bass gods, Phish’s Mike Gordon and the Meters’ George Porter Jr., on “Africa”
11. Jamming with Joe Russo and Neal Evans at Bowlive V in 2014
12. Slappin’ the bass with Nigel Hall Band on “Too Sweet” in 2013
13. Obviously familiar with the Beatles, taking on “Get Back” with Dr. Klaw and special guest DJ Logic in 2009
15. Krasno and Nigel Hall getting groovy while sitting in with the North Mississippi Allstars in 2012
16. Soulful with Susan Tedeschi, Jon Cleary, Joe Russo, the Shady Horns, and Soulive on “Clean Up Woman” at Bowlive V in 2014:
17. Getting down with Kung Fu on “It’s All Good” in 2012
18. Covering the Meters’ “Hey! Last Minute” with Robert Walter’s 20th Congress
19. Brooklyn Bowl took over Central Park and Krasno joined Phil Lesh and Joe Russo for Jazz & Colors in 2013
20. Behind-the-scenes look at Eric testing a new Supro amp during sound check in 2014
Friday, Apr 21st
Last night we welcomed the amazing Kehlani to the Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas family! The sold out night kicked off with a bang a la Jahkoy. Next up was singer...
Thursday, Apr 20th
Last night we welcomed back Bowl fam alum Phantogram and they delivered! They started off strong with one of their heavy electronic bass samples and guitar riffs that had the crowd...
Thursday, Apr 13th
Last night over a thousand fans went wild over Oh Wonder and Honne’s performances. The crowd sang along the whole night while dancing along to their melodic beats with large...
Wednesday, Apr 12th
Yesterday we were all about The Head and The Heart! From their super fun Instagram takeover to a private acoustic performance for our lovely X1075 KXTE contest winners and then, to...
Tuesday, Apr 11th
This weekend we were treated to a sonic vacation to the islands. We had New Zealand’s own roots reggae outfit Katchafire in house on Thursday and their sound had them...
Monday, Apr 3rd
Pigeons Playing Ping Pong, one of the hottest up and comers in the jam scene today, came up to Brooklyn this past weekend from Baltimore for 2 massive sold out...
Friday, Mar 31st
The James Brown Dance Party is unlike any other. A rotating All Star cast of musicians keeps the amazing music of James Brown alive and well by combining the old school players...
Thursday, Mar 23rd
The explosive up jams of Pigeons Playing Ping Pong take over Brooklyn Bowl for 2 nights on March 31 + April 1 and we’re giving one luck winner a...
Monday, Mar 20th
This past weekend saw Joe Russo’s Almost Dead close out the second half of their sold out 6-night run, this time with Oteil Burbridge on bass subbing in for Dave...
Monday, Mar 20th
This year, St. Patricks Day was a little bit greener and a little bit luckier with a whole lotta umph! Sin City got the pot of gold at the end...
Thursday, Mar 16th
BBQ Fam!Enter to WIN a VIP Dinner and Concert Experience for Robert Randolph and the Family Band at The Bowl on Tuesday, March 28th! The experience includes: A VIP Bowling...
Wednesday, Mar 15th
RECAP: Phil Lesh & The Terrapin Family Band play Winterland 6/7/77 on MAR 13, 2017 at Brooklyn Bowl NY
With the task of playing the fifth night of Grateful Dead music in a row at Brooklyn Bowl, the one and only Phil Lesh, founding member of the Dead, chose...