Happy birthday, Eric Krasno. Today we celebrate the cherished Brooklyn Bowl family member and absolute badass guitar player with 21 of our favorite Kraz memories at Brooklyn Bowl over the years. Cheers, Eric.
1. Eric dueling with Greensky Bluegrass dobro maestro Anders Beck on the Allman Brothers Band’s “Midnight Rider”
2. Joining Robert Randolph & the Family Band on Michael Jackson’s “The Way You Make Me Feel”
3. Krasno and Questlove sitting in with Galactic on “Hamp’s Hump” in 2011
4. Members of Lettuce and Snarky — or what some would call Snarky Lettuce — coming together for Funk ’n’ Bowl
5. In sync with guitar master Derek Trucks on “One in Seven” at Bowlive IV in 2013
6. Invoking “Lettsanity” with Lettuce in 2012
8. With yet another original Grateful Dead member, Phil Lesh, and the Terrapin Family Band for “Sugar Magnolia” in 2013
9. As part of the Freaks Ball-Stars, featuring Warren Haynes, Marco Benevento, Joe Russo, and Eddie Roberts, performing the Grateful Dead’s “Fire on the Mountain”
10. Sandwiched between bass gods, Phish’s Mike Gordon and the Meters’ George Porter Jr., on “Africa”
11. Jamming with Joe Russo and Neal Evans at Bowlive V in 2014
12. Slappin’ the bass with Nigel Hall Band on “Too Sweet” in 2013
13. Obviously familiar with the Beatles, taking on “Get Back” with Dr. Klaw and special guest DJ Logic in 2009
15. Krasno and Nigel Hall getting groovy while sitting in with the North Mississippi Allstars in 2012
16. Soulful with Susan Tedeschi, Jon Cleary, Joe Russo, the Shady Horns, and Soulive on “Clean Up Woman” at Bowlive V in 2014:
17. Getting down with Kung Fu on “It’s All Good” in 2012
18. Covering the Meters’ “Hey! Last Minute” with Robert Walter’s 20th Congress
19. Brooklyn Bowl took over Central Park and Krasno joined Phil Lesh and Joe Russo for Jazz & Colors in 2013
20. Behind-the-scenes look at Eric testing a new Supro amp during sound check in 2014
Thursday, Feb 23rd
Khraungbin is a three-piece band from Texas and bills itself as “taking influence from 1960s Thai funk.” It’s an accurate description, but it’s also like describing a Kaleidoscope as an...
Tuesday, Feb 21st
Things got weird in Vegas this weekend as the Boognish rose for three straight days at The Bowl. Ween‘s first visit to Sin City since Vegoose 2005 painted the town...
Tuesday, Feb 21st
If you love reggae, consistently quote Bob Marley lyrics, but haven’t heard of The Skatalites, there might be a problem. Having performed in Jamaica since 1964, The Skatalites remain legendary...
Wednesday, Feb 15th
The Benevento/Russo Duo is a two person band comprised of Marco Benevento & Joe Russo. If you’re not already aware, they’re going to blow the roof off of Brooklyn Bowl...
Tuesday, Feb 14th
The one and only Phil Lesh, founding bassist of the Grateful Dead, commanded Brooklyn Bowl the last two nights, backed by Terrapin Crossroad’s own Terrapin Family Band. The guys played...
Friday, Feb 3rd
Last night former Kiss guitarist “Space Ace” or “The Spaceman,” Ace Frehley, turned Sin City into Shred City with a full band at the wheel churning out classic hits like...
Thursday, Feb 2nd
Brooklyn Bowl is offering internships for the Marketing department at our New York venue! We’re looking for dedicated music lovers who are eager to get their feet wet in the...
Wednesday, Feb 1st
There are few great American songbooks like that of The Grateful Dead and we could not be more humbled and honored to host 2 nights of music with Phil Lesh &...
Tuesday, Jan 31st
We’re still trippin’ from Juicy J’s charged performance at Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas this past Friday, January 27. Following a set from rapper Belly, the veteran emcee delivered hit after...
Monday, Jan 30th
Brooklyn Bowl was electrified with pure disco energy last weekend, many thanks to the power house that is Escort. Their signature disco sound had everyone grooving and we’ve got some...
Friday, Jan 27th
Earlier this month Las Vegas welcomed a slew of techies arriving for CES, the electronics and technology trade-show that takes place here every January. For the second year in a row,...
Tuesday, Jan 24th
All photos courtesy of Marc Millman :: www.marcmillmanphotos.com :: Instagram: @marcmillmanphotos Jans Ingber, former lead singer of The Motet, returned to Brooklyn Bowl this past Saturday night with yet another remarkable...